Blessed Mariam Thresia visited each and every family of Puthenchira. Her house visits made her aware of the necessity of educating girls to equip them for better families in future. In spite of the lack of resources, she opened a school at Puthenchira, adjcent to the convent in the every next year ie 1915. She also started a boarding house for the poor and orphan children. To “impart knowledge of God” to the children is the motto behind her education programme.